duminică, 29 octombrie 2017

The Who - My Generation (Full album 1965))

“My Generation” is the debut album by the English rock band The Who, released on 3 December 1965 by Brunswick Records in the United Kingdom. In the United States, it was released by Decca Records as “The Who Sings My Generation” in April 1966, with a different cover and a slightly altered track listing.
The album was made immediately after The Who got their first singles on the charts and according to the booklet in the Deluxe Edition, it was later dismissed by the band as something of a rush job that did not accurately represent their stage performance of the time. However, critics often rate it as one of the best rock albums of all time.

“My Generation” este albumul de debut al trupei engleze de rock The Who, lansat pe 3 decembrie 1965 de catre Brunswick Records in Marea Britanie. In Statele Unite a fost lansat de Decca Records ca “The Who Sings My Generation”, in aprilie 1966, cu o coperta diferita si cu o lista de piese putin schimbata.
Albumul a fost facut imediat dupa ce The Who au avut primele lor single-uri in chart-uri si conform brosurii de la Deluxe Edition, a fost mai tarziu respins de catre trupa, ca ceva facut in graba si care nu a reprezentat cu acuratete performantele lor de pe scena la acel timp. Totusi criticii l-au clasat deseori ca unul dintre cele mai bune albume rock al tuturor timpurilor.
SIDE A: 01. (00:14) Out In The Street 02. (02:48) I Don't Mind 03. (05:24) The Good's Gone 04. (09:28) La-La-La-Lies 05. (11:44) Much Too Much 06. (14:28) My Generation SIDE B: 01. (17:53) The Kids Are Alright 02. (21:04) Please, Please, Please 03. (23:50) It's Not True 04. (26:23) I'm A Man 05. (29:45) A Legal Matter 06. (32:36) The Ox


Personnel
The Who
Roger Daltrey - lead vocals, harmonica, tambourine on "I Can't Explain"
Pete Townshend - guitar, backing vocals, lead vocals on "A Legal Matter"
John Entwistle - bass, backing vocals
Keith Moon - drums, backing vocals on "Instant Party"

Additional musicians
Perry Ford - piano on "I Can't Explain"
Nicky Hopkins - piano
The Ivy League - backing vocals on "I Can't Explain" and "Bald Headed Woman"

Jimmy Page - lead guitar on "Bald Headed Woman", 12-string rhythm guitar on "I Can't Explain"
The Who 1965 photo press