sâmbătă, 2 decembrie 2017

Leonard Cohen - Bird on the Wire

Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in some old midnight choir I have tried in my way to be free. Like a worm on a hook, Like a monk bending over the book It was the shape, the shape of our love twisted me If I, if I have been unkind, I hope that you can just let it all go right on by If I, if I have been untrue It's just that I thought a lover had to be some kind of liar too (Instrumental) If I, if I have been unkind, I hope that you can just let it all go right on by If I, if I have been untrue I hope that you know by now it was never to you Like a little baby stillborn Like a beast with his horn I have torn everyone who reached out for me But I swear, I swear by this song I swear by all that I have done wrong I will make it all up to thee I saw a beggar he was leaning on his wooden crutch, he said to me, "You must not ask for so much." And a pretty woman leaning in her darkened door, She cried to me, "Hey, why not ask a little bit more?" Oh like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in some old midnight choir I have tried in my way to be free